Wednesday 9 November 2011

Final movement photographs

These are my final six photographs for my movement brief.
This photo was taken next to Dalton Square in Lancaster. I used a shutter speed of 15 seconds while using the setting TV. The light meter was set to -4 and i used a little tripod to keep the camera still to prevent shake. I also set the camera to a self timer of 2 seconds so that it would reduce the camera shaking when i press the button to take the photograph.
I chose to use this photo as one of my final six because I think it shows movement very well through the light trails of the moving cars and showing where they are travelling as well as their direction.
This photograph was taken with a shutter speed of 30 seconds while using the setting TV. I used a tripod to take this photograph so that the camera would not shake and cause the photograph to blur. I also set the camera to a self timer of 2 seconds so that it would reduce the camera shaking when i press the button to take the photograph.
I have chosen to use this photograph as one of my final six as i think its quite an exciting and also slightly busy photo. The photo stood out to me because the trails of light left from the cars was messy unlike the photograph above. This photo also shows movement as it captures the car lights as they drive by creating the lines of light. On the left hand side of the photograph you can see yellow dashes along with the red lines of light, these are the yellow indicators of cars turning the corner.
This is a picture of Lancaster's castle fireworks, I took this photo from a house window using a tripod that is able to wrap its legs around the window frame. I set my camera to TV and used an exposure time of 30 seconds, I also set a self timer of 2 seconds to reduce camera shake when I took the photograph. By leaving the shutter open for 30 seconds it allowed me to capture each firework within that time. The movement in this photograph is the light that is painted across the sky because each line of light is in fact just one glowing spark but as the shutter is left open it captures the light and their for shows its movement across the sky.
This is another photograph that i have chosen of a firework, I left the shutter open for 30 seconds using the setting TV and self timer on 2 seconds to reduce camera shake when i take the photo. What i love about this photograph is that it captured each firework as it exploded and you can see the different fireworks overlapping one another.
This is a picture of a friend jumping off a wall, i crouched down to get an angle that causes him to look higher than he actually is. I was not very experimental while taking this photograph as 

No comments:

Post a Comment