Monday 21 November 2011

(SOMEWHERE) Editing my somewhere i would be happy to sit all day

I thought about how i could edit my photographs for quite some time and i came up with the idea to use two of my photographs to create my final picture. My idea was to add the fairy lights from the second image into the bottom left hand corner of the first photograph.


Firstly i opened up the two photographs i took that i want to edit together in Photoshop as two separate images .
Then i made the second photograph the first layer and the first image the background. I did this by dragging the second picture on top of the first picture.

Instead of just using the eraser tool for the whole of the process i went through the different layer options until i found one that was closest to what i needed. I chose to use "difference" because it only showed the fairy lights from layer 1 meaning that i only had a little bit of layer 1 to erase instead of having to spend a long time to erase it all.
Here it shows that i have selected the eraser tool and i was using it to erase some of the fairy lights from the first layer as they cut across the photo and made it look messy.
I also used the clone tool to get rid of the two lines cutting across the blue flower in the original image of the fairy lights, these two lines are bits of string hanging down from the cable of the fairy lights. When using the clone tool i selected my marker of where i wanted the computer to clone and i drew over the two black lines, i selected various parts of the fairy light to clone so that it looked as unedited  as possible.
This is my final image after editing and development.

No comments:

Post a Comment